Friday, March 9, 2012

Excuse Me

Well, the blog has been a little neglected, but with a good and exciting excuse.  We have been remodeling our kitchen and it's been taking up most of my free time during my son's naps.  Typically I use a few naps a week to work on my Etsy shop, blog, and sew, but lately they have been spent working on our kitchen. It's still a work in progress, but here is what we have done so far:
  • Removed 2 layers of wall paper
  • Painted walls, ceiling, and trim
  • Painted our kitchen cabinets using a Rustoleum Cabinet Transformations Kit
  • Replaced the cabinet hardware
  • Spray painted and hung a new chandelier
We still need to:
  • Have the new counter tops installed (We have our template appointment next week!)
  • Tile the back splash
  • Install the new laminate flooring
  • Have a new patio door installed
We are going to wait to reveal the afters until they are completely done, but here's a look at some before & during pictures:
Close-up: Wallpaper layer # 1

Close-up: Wallpaper layer #2

During the Removal of the Wallpaper
 The exciting reveal of the afters to come hopefully in the next month.  However, since we are waiting on various installs and the kitchen is less hands-on for me, I can get back to the giant pile of sewing projects that has piled up for me.  Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment