Monday, December 3, 2012

DIY Kid-size Table & Chairs

 A little while ago I was introduced Ana White's website full of DIY furniture plans.  I am completely addicted and have bookmarked tons of projects I want to build for our home.  If you have not yet heard of her, please check her website out!  She's this amazing woman from Alaska with a website full of plans for furniture.  She has everything from dinning room tables, to beds, to doll furniture, patio furniture.  You name it, she has it!  And now, thanks to my father-in-law, I have finally (mostly) completed my first Ana White project, the Clara Table and Four Dollar Stackable Chairs.


I really wanted to make these for my son, as they are kid-sized and he LOVES kids furniture.  The plans were easy to follow and the cost was low, but I have to confess that the cost for me was $0 because my father-in-law had a bunch of scraps that we used for the wood and all other supplies as well.  Now I just need to figure out what I want to do as far as staining/painting it.  Any thoughts?  My initial thought was to paint the table white and the chairs a fun color, but the top of the table is so pretty I am contemplating staining the top and just painting the legs, apron, and chairs some color.  I need to hurry up, though, and get this done for Christmas!


1 comment:

  1. How beautiful! :) It looks great. I think a clear stain or varnish or whatever over the top would be nice, cause yeah the wood looks good. I'd go with some kind of red for the legs, and paint the chairs each a different colour, maybe. But probably the decor of the room it will factor into your decision. :P

    ReplyDelete