Monday, September 12, 2011

All aboard!

Welcome to my blog!  Welcome to the outpouring, the overflow of my ponderings.  I am so excited about the road ahead but this is new to me, and I am sure that it will take me a while to get my feet under me.  Blogging is new.  Brand new.  I have read blogs, however writing them has never seemed like the thing for me.  Mostly because it seemed like I lived far too mundane a life for anyone to want to read about me.  But now here I am.  The past few years of my life have been full of change.  I have moved half way across the country, changed jobs, gotten married, and had a baby all within the past 3 years.  All this change has left me in a place of constantly wondering who I am and what I should do with my life.  But it has also left me in a place of wonderful opportunity to figure out those things and to live the life that I want to live.  Its scary to step out into the unknown and pursue new and lofty goals and to change but it is also exhilarating and empowering.  

And so now I begin to share some of my musings on all of this with your.  A few months ago I really wanted to sew and so I borrowed a sewing machine from my mom.  I'm not exactly sure where this desire came from, but it was strong.  When I was younger I actually won a blue ribbon for some 4-H sewing project I did but I wasn't exactly the most skilled seamstress.  But somehow sewing just seemed to excite me at the time I borrowed the machine.  The machine is quite a bit old and nothing fancy, but free and therefore I was able to try some sewing out at very little risk.  I was pregnant and not working at the time, and I honestly just felt the need to create.  Sewing gave me that outlet.  

I think that each one of us is created with some form of that desire within us.  Some are drawn to cooking, some writing, some painting, some building.  I think that we all enjoy creating something in some way, shape or form.  Sadly, I think that most of the time the responsibilities of day to day life and burdens bear down on us so much that we're just to busy to pursue creative enjoyments.  I hope that you are able to pursue your creative enjoyments, even if you just get the opportunity to dabble in the every once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment