Friday, December 9, 2011

Nursery Art Revealed

I finally finished the nursery art for the door to my son's nursery!  I added a bit more embroidery by putting some french knots in a teal color between the running stitches in dark blue and brown.  Once I finished with the embroidery I framed it.  The frame was from the Salvation army store.  It was an ugly color, but I liked the lines of it and the price (99 cents) so I painted it, pulled the old artwork out, and replaced it with my own.  Then I attached ribbon to the sides of the top and covered the ends of the ribbon by gluing on buttons.  It's not perfect, but I like it.  This was a very affordable project.  Being able to utilize ribbon and buttons leftover from other projects helped me keep costs down even more.

Cost Break-Down:
Fabric: $1.50
Embroidery floss: $0.99
Frame: $0.99
Spray paint: $1.99

Total cost: $5.47 (+ tax= $5.83)

No comments:

Post a Comment