Saturday, February 11, 2012

Bubble. Dot. Minky.

Prints: Ironwood & Mahogany Echo by Lotta Jansdotter
Recently I made my first burp cloths with bubble dot minky as a backing.  I generally prefer to use more organic fabrics, but there was a remnant of minky on sale at Joanne's and so I thought I'd give it a try.  Many people love the softness of the minky, and so I thought I'd make a few burp cloth sets from it.  I made one for a friend who recently had a baby and I made the set pictured here.  It's interesting stuff to work with.  It has more stretch and give than a lot of materials that I work with and it fills the sewing machine crevices with fluffy stuff and you can't iron it.  

What do you think?  Do you like things made with minky?  Do you like making things with minky?  If you have made something with minky, what did you make?

No comments:

Post a Comment