Friday, February 10, 2012

Busy City

I am currently in love with Monaluna's "Busy City" print from the "Taali" Collection.  I was in love with the "Bah Bah Black Sheep" print, but now I just can't get over the cheery red accents and super cute design.  This print has everything: puppies, birds, bikes, and scooters!  The colors are vibrant and neutral.  Overall, it's just fantastic.  I paired busy city with the "Chevron" and "Posies" prints, also from the "Taali" collection for this burp cloth set.  I haven't made anything for baby bear in a while.  I was thinking I might make him a stroller blanket out of some of these prints.  He could use a new, fresh blanket for when spring comes and we begin to take walks outside again.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention.  This set of burp cloths is backed with an organic fleece from Green Textiles.  This is the first time I have worked with this fleece and I have to say, "Oh my!".  It's so soft.  It has this great nappy, almost curly texture to it.  The more I washed it, the softer it got.  That's part of the reason I want to make bear a blanket.  This would make a most awesome backing for a blanket.

No comments:

Post a Comment