Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Free to Grow

Free To Grow- One of my fabrics that arrived last night.
Life seems to be moving really fast right now.  I'm working on numerous projects and my days are really full.  I think they feel especially hectic since I designated Christmas as a time to slow down and not work on projects.  Well, since then, I have been working on the following: 
  1. Kitchen Remodel- This involves removing wallpaper, Prepping and painting walls, painting the ceiling electrical work, replacing light fixtures, refinishing cabinets, replacing hardware, and replacing flooring.  So far my husband and I have finished with the walls and ceiling, some of the electrical, and will soon be moving on to the extensive task of redoing the cabinets.  
  2. Baby Shower Decorations- I'm doing decorations for a baby shower this Saturday.  I'll be posting pictures next week!
  3. Baby Shower Gift- I decided to make part of the baby shower gift since I make baby things.  I'll be posting about this after the shower as well.  Let's just say that I tried a few new things, and I'm learning a lot.
  4. Baby Bear's First Birthday- We cannot believe it has been almost a year since he was born, and yet it seems at the same time like he has always been here.  We've got a party to plan!
  5. Rebuilding My Etsy Inventory- I had a few sales and now I need to add more inventory!  I've got tons of new fabrics just waiting to be used, including three that just arrived in the mail last night.
In the midst of all this craziness I have had to let go a little bit of my perfectionism.  If letting something be slightly imperfect (like letting my house be not quite clean for a day or two) means being able to make some progress on projects but still spend some time with my husband and baby, then let things be imperfect because I don't want to miss out on these times with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment