Thursday, January 5, 2012

Pittsburgh




My husband and I took our first overnight trip away from baby bear.  He's still dealing with some separation anxiety issues, but I knew that he would be in good hands with Grandma and we were ready to get away a little, just the two of us.  We decided on Pittsburgh because it's not too far from home, but far enough that we never go there.  I know, you're probably thinking Pittsburgh doesn't sound very glamorous, but it was perfect for our little getaway.  My husband did the bulk of the planning, and I loved everything that he planned.  Not everything went according to plan, but we had a fantastic time.  Some of my favorite things include:

The Inclines- They have these cable cars that go up the incline of the side of Mont Rose.  We went on two of them, and I took the picture above of the view from the top. 

Ikea-  I know, this is a store, and I know that it's not for everyone, but I love the concept and found inspiration from many of the designs.

Getting away- There's just something about leaving your normal, everyday life and doing something different.  Even if it's just down the road a little.




No comments:

Post a Comment